My Summer Bucket List!
You know when you were in high school, and college and Summer were this magical dreamland? It was hot, sure, but summer meant staying up late, sleeping in, hanging by a pool, going on trips (youth camp, mission trips, summer camp, family vacations, etc.reverts back) and being a camp counselor.
Well, post-college/real world Summers are a little different. It's like normal times, but you sweat more. I'm talking about sweating when you walk from your car to your place of employment --- looking at you Mississippi. Even though I've been out of college for years now, a little bit of that summer magic still lingers. I catch myself in April and early May dreaming up summer plans and goals. Part of me reverts to 16-year-old JJ where all she cared about was driving to a friends house or the mall on her own.
My priorities as a 28-year-old are a little different from just-got-her-license-JJ, but the magic is still the same. On that note, I have some Summer projects/plans that I'm excited to work on over the next few months. There are some things on this list that I've already done, but I'm including them anyway!
- Go to the beach -- obviously. We've already got a trip planned and are looking to add another one)
- Stay at an Airbnb -- we've never done an Airbnb before! We've got a place booked for Nashville this weekend and I'm super excited!
- Go Blueberry Picking -- check! I've already been twice! I've got a freezer full of delicious, plump, blueberries.
- Clean Out and Organize our "stuff" room -- We've tried to get this stuff room under control since we moved into our house. We clean it out, get rid of things, and then a few weeks later, it's somehow WORSE. I don't know how it happens *insert laughing emoji and the crying emoji*
- Finish my 2016 Scrapbook -- Yep. I'm a scrapbooker! I subscribe to the A Beautiful Mess Messy Box and I get the CUTEST scrapbook stuff.
- Start my 2017 Scrapbook
- Experiment with new cake flavors, icings, and decorating techniques -- I'm a hobby baker and really enjoy trying out new creations! I really want to master colored ganache and piped flowers.
- Update Bedroom Decor -- I haven't really focused on styling out our bedroom. Since moving into our house my priorities were the dining room and the living room. Now it's time to work on our bedroom.
- Host a Flamingo Party -- When I say "Flamingo Party" I just mean that I'm going heavy on the Flamingo decor. Essentially I just want to host a summer party!
- Make no churn ice cream -- I keep seeing all of these recipes for no-churn ice cream and sorbets. Maybe I'll try it out at my Flamingo Party!
- Read 3 Books -- I'm not a big reader, but I'd like to be. 3 might seem like a small goal, but it's two more books than I read last summer...
- Go Kayaking
- Have Unplugged Days - A few times a month I want to go unplugged. No technology. No phone, no TV, no computer.
- Eat a Snow Cone -- One of my biggest regrets from last summer was not getting a snow cone! Not happening this year.
- Get a big lemonade -- last year at my local farmers market, they had a vendor who sold really delicious lemonade. Not only was the lemonade delicious, but he sold it in HUGE cups. I'm not sure why, but my sister, Becca, and I really loved it!
- Go to a Farmers Market and make an entire meal out of fresh produce -- I will obviously buy the meat and produce and cook it at home!
- Make a ridiculous milkshake
- Play Tennis -- Last summer Becca and I instituted Tennis Tuesdays. We played for a few weeks and then I pulled a muscle. But I'm ready to bring it back! Now I just need to find my tennis racquet...
- Go to a Midnight Movie Premier -- sometimes it's fun to stay up extra late!
- Stay for the Fireworks at MS Braves Game -- The MS Braves stadium is about 20 minutes from our house. We try to go to at least one game a year, but we never stay for the whole game. This year, we're doing it!
That's a pretty full list! Honestly, I'm surprised and thankful that they aren't all food based! Does anything on this list sound appealing to you? Anything you want to add to your own Summer Bucket List? What are you looking forward to doing this summer?