My Favorite Mississippi Products + Makers
Not only is Mississippi home to the friendliest people, but some of the most talented makers! I love the "do-it-yourself" attitude of the creative community in my favorite state. Today, I wanted to share some of my favorite products that I've purchased (and LOVE) or want to purchase from local businesses.
1. The Day Dreamer by Thimblepress (Jackson, MS). I love basically everything that comes out of Thimblepress. Kristen Ley is a true visionary and one of the kindest ladies I've ever met. I have a TON of Thimblepress products that I love and use (daily!), but the Day Dreamer is my favorite. It's like a mega to-do list that totally fits my scattered brain. And it's the perfect size -- HUGE!
2. Mississippi Magnolia State Flower Print by Thimblepress (Jackson, MS). I would LOVE to see this beauty every day. Putting this on my wishlist!
3. Harlem Hollywood Jackson Mississippi print by Edward Moak Designs (Clinton, MS). I smile every time I see this print. We forever thankful to Bruno Mars for giving us a shoutout in Uptown Funk!
4. Aztec Mississippi T-shirt by Edward Moak Designs (Clinton, MS). I definitely own this shirt in both colors. Edward is super fun and creative!
5. Borderland Candles (Brandon, MS). We met the couple behind the company at one of the local vendor markets. They're so kind! We've owned a few different scents and they are all amazing. They last a long time and the scents are perfect!
6. Capri Blue Volcano Candle (Starkville, MS). These are the best smelling candles in the whole world. No debate.
7. Scotsman Cap by Laurel Mercantile (Laurel, MS). Luke wears this hat everyday. He swears it's the best hat he's ever worn. (BTW, I still can't believe that there's an HGTV show about my actual, real life home town, Laurel, MS. I'm working on a post highlighting all of my favorite Laurel spots!)
8. Floral Paintings by Kate Freeman (Jackson, MS). Kate Freeman is my favorite local artist. Her paintings are full of color and are perfection on a canvas. I own one of her paintings and I stare at it for at least 5 minutes every day (It's the cover photo of this post!).
9. Succulent planter by the Prickly Hippie (Ridgeland, MS). I LOVE plants, but have a hard time taking care of them and planting them. Thankfully, I can look to my friend, Jenni, to help me out! I got my first Prickly Hippie arrangement at a local market a couple years ago!
There are SO many creative and talented people in our great state! I love supporting local vendors and makers. Hopefully, you do too! I plan to continue exploring Mississippi Makers and hopefully this post is volume 1 of many!
What are your favorite Mississippi-based products? I'd love to know!