Whole 30 Week 2
2 WEEKS OF WHOLE30 completed! We're halfway there, folks and it feels amazing! I We survived a trip to my parents' house and a concert! Initially I was nervous about traveling because in the past, traveling meant free-for-all. When I'm traveling, even just the hour and a half drive to my home town, all good eating rules fly out the window. Not this time! I acknowledged the treats, but then moved past them onto my strawberries.
Here's what was on the menu this past week:
- Breakfast: Cherry Pie Larabar
- Lunch: Pork Loin, Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, and fruit for dessert
- Dinner: this Apple Salad with Cinnamon Tahini dressing. YUM.
- Breakfast: Sausage and Potato Hash and coffee
- Lunch: Chicken bites and salad
- Dinner: Pecan Crusted Chicken, Green Beans, and Smashed Red Potatoes.
- Snack: Apples and Almond Butter
- Breakfast: Sausage and fruit I have to brag for a second. This morning we had an All Staff meeting for the church we work at. People brought Chick-fil-a biscuits, donuts, juice, and a fruit tray. I didn't deviate from my plan! I ate the sausage I brought and a nice plate of fruit. I even brought my own coffee creamer.
- Lunch: Leftover Pecan Crusted Chicken, potatoes, and green beans
- Dinner: Blackened Mahi Mahi, Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Snack: Apple and Almond Butter
- Breakfast: Sausage. I burned my sweet potatoes in my breakfast hash, so I had to throw them out.
- Lunch: Salad with leftover Mahi Mahi and bell peppers
- Snack: Strawberries
- Dinner: Coconut Chicken Curry with yellow bell peppers and zucchini and pan roasted sweet potato cubes
- Breakfast: Coffee. Skipped breakfast, which I realize is a no-no, but we were traveling and I just wasn't hungry. In fact, I wasn't hungry until 12:30ish.
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Curry
- Dinner: Roasted Broccoli with Carnitas. This was the very first time I've ever made anything with pork. Because I knew we were going to be traveling, I planned ahead and made a big crock pot full of carnitas! I packed a big bag full of food to bring with us to my parents' house. I used this recipe. I really like mixing together my own spices and rubs!
- Breakfast: Big cup of black coffee. Yes, BLACK COFFEE and I didn't hate it. Historically I'm a heavy sugar and creamer user, but I'm working on needing less and less.
- Lunch: Carnita Meat in the skillet with sautéed sweet potato cubes and broccoli. I added a little chili powder to my sweet potatoes and I'm never going back! The extra spice is super welcome!
- Dinner: Ribeye steak, baked sweet potato, and roasted broccoli. There's something you need to know about my family. Steak is reverred and my dad is an excellent grill man. This was without a doubt the best steak of my life. Also, I went through all the seasonings he uses and make sure they were all Whole30 compliant!
- Breakfast: Larabar
- Lunch: Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Grilled chicken from my parents' house
- Dinner: Coconut Curry with bell peppers and zucchini with mashed potatoes. Yes, I make curry all the time. No, I'm not tired of it. Give me more!
This is the venue where Luke played with our friends Oh, Jeremiah. Their first record is coming out soon! They're SO GOOD! The Saenger is a beautiful old theater. It's a real treasure!
Here's to looking forward to week 3! It will be a much more normal week with no traveling. Let's hang out!