Setting Higher Standards
A couple of days ago I shared about hitting a mental plateau. I want to take a minute to elaborate on one of the ways I'm overcoming it. Setting Higher Standards
Prior to starting this journey, I didn't really believe in myself. I didn't think that I could stick with anything, that my habits were unbreakable, and that I had no capacity for following through. I've proven myself wrong, stepped up to the plate, and lasted longer in this journey than old JJ ever thought she could.
Now, I'm at a point in my journey where the honeymoon phase is over. I so badly want to break every rule and eat, eat, eat, eat, and eat every carb filled dish I can get my hands on. I'm at a turning point. I can choose to quit and go back to the way I used to be.
I can choose to challenge myself to be better. To have higher standards. I can choose to challenge myself to not make little cheats. Challenge myself to deal with emotions in healthy ways instead of talking to food first.
I've been telling myself that little cheats here and there are okay because they are a million times better than Old JJ ever used to be. There is no telling how many calories I used to consume on a daily basis. Being better than Old JJ isn't good enough for me anymore. It's time to be better than I am today.
I'm ready to rise to the occasion. I want to do better. I want to expect myself to be better. I'm no longer that girl who couldn't follow through. I will make the hard choices. I will say no to foods that aren't on my plan.
Who's with me! Who wants to be better!? I know that we can do it. I'm so thankful that I have people like you rooting for me and encouraging me. I want to be that person for you!
Here are my new standards:
- I will not be okay with little cheats, medium sized cheats, or big cheats. Any cheats.
- I will write down every morsel of food that enters my mouth. I just ordered this Health + Fitness Journal from May Designs. I can't wait for it to come in!
- I will drink all of my water
- I will only consume one restricted product in one day
- I will take my vitamins / supplements when I'm supposed to
- I will take my problems / issues / emotions / frustrations to God then trusted counsel, not food.
There they are. You now have permission to check up on me and ask if I'm living up to the challenges. Let's be better. Let's set our standards high. Let's follow through and not give in! We are strong enough. - JJ