My 9th Week + Month Two Milestones
Hi friends! I took a short blogging break last week and now I'm back! Here are a few words that describe my past two weeks: insane, wheels off, busy busy busy, and crazy exciting. I wouldn't have it any other way! I was having so much fun, that I didn't even take any pictures...
Because I'm having a total lack of recall about Week 9, I'm combining this Weekly Weigh In post with my August Monthly Milestone post. Week 9 was my 2nd full month on Ideal Protein. Not as many monumental things happened in my 2nd Month as my First Month, but it was still incredible. The fact that I even followed through with the plan for two whole months is reason to celebrate!
Month Two Milestones:
- I stuck with the program. I've never followed through with any "lets get healthy!" plan for longer than 2 weeks... okay a week and a half.
- The food I can have tastes better than the food I can't have. I've cheated a few times with a piece of chocolate or a little scoop of mashed potatoes. I built them up to taste better than they did. I wasn't that impressed.
- I hit - 30lbs! Making JJ History. I've never lost 30 pounds before. Never.
- I made some major heart and mental progress when I opened up about shame and the effect it had on me.
- I made rutabaga fries... and LOVED them. Recipe to come later.
- I cooked shrimp for the first time - roast shrimp and broccoli together and squeeze a little lemon juice = AMAZE
- I thoroughly cleaned out my closet and sacked up 5 huge bags of clothes to donate. Some were old and just not my style anymore. Some were too big. I think the best part was getting rid of a size 3X shirt that I wore this spring and early summer. It felt good stuffing it in that bag.
- I've had the opportunity to talk to so many people about my journey and what I'm learning. I think that's the best result out of all of this effort. Connecting with people.
There were more milestones than I thought!
I'll update my Progress Page with more pics later. Guess you'll just have to come back and see!
STATS | Week 9 / Month 2 - 4lbs - 33lbs total